Neighbour suffers from smoke inhalation following dryer fire

By Sam Acourt in Emergency Services

A Good Samaritan suffered slight smoke inhalation after he went to a neighbour’s rescue following a tumble-dryer fire in Marldon.

Paignton firefighters were called following reports of the blaze at the home in Marldon Grove.

A fire service spokesman said: “A fire appliance from Paignton was mobilised following a call from the occupant of a property saying her tumble dryer had been on fire in her kitchen and that her neighbour was in the process of isolating it and ­taking it outside.

“Shortly after arriving and ­investigating, our crew confirmed the fire within the tumble dryer was out on our arrival.

“However, the gentleman who had removed the tumble dryer had suffered slight smoke inhalation as a result and we administered ­oxygen therapy until the arrival

of an ambulance. Damage was ­confined to the tumble dryer only.”

Add Comment

Add Your Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment

By posting your comment you agree to our T & C