Bathroom fan fire evacuation

By Toby Leigh in Emergency Services

Accommodation for adults with learning disabilities had to be evacuated on Sunday morning following a small fire in a bathroom.

A bathroom fan was severely damaged at the Camphill Devon Community residential accommodation at Buckfastleigh.

The fire is believed to have been out when fire crews arrived at around 10.45am but as there was still a lot of smoke within the property they carried out an evacuation.

A fire service spokesman said: ‘ Three appliances proceeded from Ashburton, Totnes and Ivybridge along with an Operational Assurance Officer.

‘Crews also requested the attendance of a 4x4 vehicle from Buckfastleigh due to access problems.

‘The fire crews from Totnes and Ivybridge were not required and were returned en-route.

Add Comment

Add Your Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment

By posting your comment you agree to our T & C